domingo, 26 de junio de 2016

Having discussed some of the topics related to First Language Acquisition, I have to admit that Chomsky's theory is the most understandable for me.
  The fact that children can produce some things that they have never heard before shows that language is really creative as Chomsky explained.
While being in contact with young children, we can notice it. They do not repeat phrases that their parents or sibilings have said. They are able to produce language, no just imitate it. For that reason, I do not agree with Skinner as he stated that language was behaviour.
  As regards Chomsky's explanation of the "black box" , I also agree. I believe that we are born with some knowledge in our mind and what we need is some exposure to activate it. Young children also demonstrate that.
  Some kids need more time, but I am sure that everybody has something in their mind to activate because otherwise , how can children produce something that is different from the input they  have reveived?
  Having said this, I have to add that it is interesting to read about different linguists so that we can analyse this topic from different points of view.

1 comentario: